This week has been a rough one for us. The boys and I got knocked flat by the flu, the cat got sick, and my husband has been super stressed at work. Not a great start to the New Year. Outside of surviving, the only thing I was really able to accomplish this week was managing to make a number of simple, comforting, and nourishing dishes that could keep us all going. One of the recipes I made was a crock pot chicken chili, which was great. It took a whole 10 minutes to get into the crock pot and then we enjoyed it for a number of meals. But I still had a lot left over and needed another simple meal to build from it. Enter Chili Lasagna.
This is barely even a recipe, but it is so delicious and easy I had to share it. It is a great addition to the meal plan for a week when chili is already planned because it is different enough from the chili itself that even haters of leftovers will probably be ok with it. It takes 10 minutes to put together and 35 minutes to bake. You could even assemble it ahead and either freeze it or just keep it in the fridge for a day or two until you are ready to throw it into the oven.
- 4 cups chili (whatever kind you’ve got!)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella, Monterrey jack, or mozzarella all work)
- 1 package of no boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour 1 cup of chili into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- Put in a layer of lasagna noodles. Pour half of the remaining chili on top.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the chili. Add another layer of lasagna noodles.
- Pour remaining chili on top.
- Sprinkle another cup of the cheese.
- Cover with a final layer of lasagna noodles and last cup of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover for 5 minutes to let the cheese brown a bit.