Another month, another guest post from an awesome blogger! She is sharing an easy-to-make vegetable side that is always a huge hit in our house– cauliflower mash! Think mashed potatoes, but lighter.
Raquel is a Registered Dietitian living in Center City Philadelphia. She loves exploring the sites and eats in the city that she now calls home! She currently works in acute care and teaches group fitness classes. She loves working with people from all walks of life and creating recipes that everyone can enjoy! Check out her blog!
- Head of cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cut and clean cauliflower into florets.
- Peel and halve garlic cloves.
- Place cauliflower and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Steam for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender.
- Add milk, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Garnish with chives.
Do you have a favorite simple vegetable side? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!